The Welch Trail Education Center (WTEC) is a camp located in Harriman State Park. Visiting the camp is like stepping back in time to the olden days of rustic camps filled with people escaping the city for the country. The WTEC is now used solely by the Trail Conference to house AmeriCorps Members for up to 6 months and to host trainings and meetings throughout the season.
- Inspect showers for issues when water is restored in May and repair as needed
- Inspect toilets for issues when water is restored in May and repair as needed
- Inspect sinks and faucets for issues when water is restored in May and repair as needed
- Replace or repair water heater if needed.
- Repair dishwasher if needed
Skills and Qualifications
Plumbing knowledge and expertise required. Licensed preferred. We are looking for someone with experience, so no training is provided. AmeriCorps Members may be available to assist, as well at the TC AmeriCorp Assistant. Having your own tools is recommended but some can be shared as needed. All supplies are expensed by the Trail Conference and need to be preapproved. Applicants must be 21 years or older.
Volunteer as needed. Water is only on from May to October.