The work will involve building stone steps and crib wall, quarrying stone and water mitigation. Training is hands-on. No experience required. Meet us at the south parking lot of the Anthony Wayne Recreation area at 9 am.
- Wear sturdy boots or shoes and long pants.
- Bring your work gloves.
- Bring your lunch and plenty of water.
- Safety glasses and hard hats are required. If you do not have your own, they will be provided and it is required that they be worn.
- Training is hands-on. No experience required.
- The day will end at approximately 4 pm.
Prior to your first workday, please complete the Volunteer Service Agreement:
- For 'Location/Facility' use Palisades Region
- For 'Description of Volunteer Service' use Trail Crew
Mail the form to the Palisades Region address shown on the form. This form must be completed once per calendar year.
Visit the Long Distance Trails Crew web page to learn more about our Trail Crew.
If you have any questions please contact Chris Reyling (914) 953-4900.
Anthony Wayne Drive
Tomkins Cove, NY 10986
Additional worktrip information