Summer Trail Walker Is Here!
The latest issue of Trail Walker is here!
In the Summer 2020 edition, we look at the ways that outdoor recreation and the care of trails and parks has changed since COVID-19 hit the region. With stay-at-home orders in place, the Trail Conference shifted to a period of online webinars and events to keep our volunteers engaged and their skills honed. At the same time, more people than ever before began looking for exercise and refuge on trails, making the Trail Conference mission even more critical to the health of local ecosystems and communities.
Inside this issue you'll find articles on:
- The new hiking how-tos for safe, responsible recreation
- Resources for finding less-traveled trails
- Accessing webinars in our new Online Learning Library
- How the Trail Conference's efforts are creating a more resilient region
- How the Trail Conference is addressing a lack of diversity outdoors
- And more!